Monday, 12 August 2013

Aloo bajji (Potato bajji)

Potato bajji

I think you don't need any introduction for this recipe yes as its name indicate it is besan coated fried potato slices . Its a crispy and tasty snack. 
This one is my husband favorite snack and he used to tell me to make this because he had it from some tea shop. But I never prepared this, the actual reason was I am not aware of this snack. Then he told this is making with besan flour so I started to prepare and almost all time it came out well. My husband is happy now!!
I am sure your kid definitely will love this. kids normally loves crispy snack so when you prepare this, one thing you have to keep in mind you should slice potato very thinly.

Ingredients

potato                                                       : 2

Besan flour/ gram flour                          : 1 cup

Corn flour                                                : 1 tbsp

Chilli powder                                            : 1 tsp

Turmeric powder                                     : 1/4 tsp


A pinch of  asafoetida (optional)

Salt

Oil for deep frying

Preparation

  1. Make a thick batter by mixing besan flour, corn flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder,   asafoetida and salt along with ½ cup of water
  2. Cut potato in to thin slices and sprinkle little salt on it
  3. In a pan heat the oil at medium fire 
  4. Dip potato in batter and deep fry until it turns golden color
  5. Serve hot with sauce





Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration