Friday, 13 September 2013

Falafel



First time I tasted it when an Egyptian brought this especially for me during my farm visit. That was a yummy falafel, that time I wanted to know the recipe but communication made it impossible :) he knows only Arabic. Our communications was only through actions :) . I searched recipes and I found different forms falafel recipes in different websites.  

This one I thought Egyptian falafel and last two year I prepared same way, but few month before my Egyptian colleague told me they doesn't use chickpeas instead they use some beans. I will try to post that recipe soon Insha Allah. But anyway, this is also equally yummy one and I think this is Lebanese falafel.  It is so crispy and yummy, you will definitely love this.  
old picture
Ingredients
Chickpeas                                                                  : 1 cup
Onion                                                                        : 1
Green chilli                                                                : 2
Garlic                                                                        :2 clove
Parsley leaves and coriander leaves                              : 3 tbsp
Pepper powder                                                           : 1 tsp
All purpose flour                                                       : 1 ½ tbsp
Baking soda                                                               : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for fry

Preparation
  1. Soak chick peas for overnight
  2. Drain and blend chickpeas using a blender (don’t make fine puree)
  3. Add chopped onion, green chilli, garlic, parsley and coriander leaves into it. Blend again and make fine puree
  4. Mix flour, pepper powder, baking soda and salt into it
  5. Heat oil in a pan at medium high flame
  6. Make small balls of chickpeas mixture and deep fry these until turns golden brown color
  7. Drain and serve hot





Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration