Friday, 25 October 2013

Kerala egg puffs (prepared without frozen pastry sheet)



My first attempt of making puff came out very well I can't express how much happy I am now. This I prepared without using frozen pastry sheet that is exactly making me happy. My big criticizer my sister approved my preparation these all makes me happy. Trust me it was very tasty and didn't take much time.


Ingredients
For pastry
All purpose flour                   : 1 ¾ cup
Butter                                   : 30 g
Melted butter                        : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For filling
Hard boiled egg                     : 5
Oil                                        : 1 tbsp
Onion                                    : 2
Green chilli                           : 3
Chopped ginger and garlic         : 1 tbsp
Chilli powder                         : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder                   : ¼ tsp
Garam masala                         : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaf      
1 egg for brushing  
                                                   

Preparation
1.     Pre heat the oven 1700C
2.    In a pan add oil and fry sliced onion till it become translucent
3.    Add chopped, green chilli, ginger and garlic
4.    Saute well and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt
5.    Mix well and saute for 3 minute finally add coriander leaves. Let it cool
6.    Mix all purpose flour, butter and salt together then add enough water to make dough. Kneed till it become smooth (it should be little sticky consistency)*
7.    Flatten it with rolling pin (dust all purpose flour)
8.    Brush melted butter and fold into half. Again flatten with rolling pin and repeat the process 4-5 times
9.    Cut the sheet in to rectangular pieces
10. Take one piece and stretch as much as possible. Brush butter and fold this into 4 times
11.  Place 2 tsp of onion mixture at the centre and place half piece of hard boiled egg
12. Seal it by folding four sides.
13. Arrange these in baking tray with parchment paper
14. Brush upper side of the puff with egg
15. Bake for 20 minute at 1700C
16. Serve hot with tomato sauce

(*Out of this I made 10 puffs)

















Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration