Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Stuffed squid




When I bought squid from market I thought will prepare curry then I changed my decision why can't I go for any new recipe. I adapted stuffed mussel methodology here and the result was good. So I am sharing this with you. Here I mentioned bulk preparation you can adjust ingredient as your requirement. 

Squid                       : 1 ½ kg  (will be around 45 squid)
For marinating
Chilli powder            : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder      : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
For stuffing
Rice powder             : 1 ½ cup
Grated coconut         : ½ cup
Cumin seed                :   2 tsp
Green chilli               : 2
Curry leaves             : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for fry

Preparation
1) Remove head portion of squid and clean remaining part
2) In a bowl mix cumin seed and green chilli with coconut and grind this using blender (don’t make it as paste)
3) Add this into rice flour and some curry leaves mix properly
4) Add 1 ½ cup of boiled water with enough salt
5) Mix well and make thick dough
6) Take small bit of dough and stuff inside the squid (fill less than half portion of squid. While cooking squid will shrink )
7) In a bowl add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and little water. Make paste and marinate this on stuffed squid 
8) Keep it for 15 minute
9) Then steam cook these stuffed squids for 15-20 minute
10)Heat oil in a pan at medium high flame drop this stuffed squid in oil and deep fry till it turn golden brown color





Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration