Monday, 11 November 2013

Chicken pizza from scratch




First time I prepared pizza on my son's birthday that was very tasty one and I gained confidence to make this again. To surprise my son and my sis daughter I made pizza and stuffed bun with same dough so today morning they were very happy. Almost everyday they bring back their lunch box without eating food so now I am trying new dishes for them .

For dough
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of instant yeast
½ tsp of sugar
Salt
1 ½ tbsp of veg oil
¼ cup +1 tbsp of water

For topping
200g of fried chicken pieces
1 small size onion (sliced)
1 small size tomato (sliced)
75 g of mozzarella cheese
50 g of cheddar cheese
1 ½ tbsp of pizza sauce

Preparation
1)    In a bowl take all purpose flour, sugar and yeast (I used instant yeast no need to proof directly can add to flour)
2)   Mix all together then add oil and water. Need well till it become smooth
3)    Make smooth ball shape and keep in air tight container (you can brush some oil on top to prevent crack) for 30 minute
4)   Cut raised dough into 2 equal half (I made one 10 inch pizza and with other part I prepared 2 stuffed bun)
5)   Preheat oven at 1600C
6)   Flatten the dough with rolling pin or stretch with your hand
7)   Place on pizza pan press sides
8)   Add pizza sauce and spread nicely
9)   Sprinkle grated cheese (mozzarella and cheddar) on top
10) Scatter onion evenly and then place sliced tomatoes
11)  Then scatter fried chicken pieces (I fried chicken pieces after marinating chicken with ½ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and salt in 1 ½ tbsp of oil)
(¼th portion of fried chicken I kept for stuffed bun preparation)
12) On top of this sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses
13) Bake at 1600C for 20 minute (take out after 3 minute and prick with fork on pizza base)
(how I made stuffed bun will be in next post)













Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration