Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Easy dal curry/fry (lentil curry)


This post is especially dedicating for my friend priya she is a busy working mom. She asked me to post a simple curry that can easy to prepare during her busy working days. So I told her Nishad (my hus:) ) used to prepare easy curries that I will post.
Yes today’s post is my hus contribution. He loves dal curry so most of the time he will be doing some experiment on dal (one thing I have to admit he is a good cook). This is an easy curry with few ingredients. He prepared this curry I just took photos ;). Actually this is new generation version of my MIL's dal curry!! he made changes.

Ingredients
1 ½ cup masoor dal / split pea (he used masoor dal but try to use split pea that is tastier)
¾ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 ½ tbsp of oil
1 tsp of mustard seed
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
6 dried whole round chilli (he used 10 chilli. It depends on your spice level)
3 Green chillis
Curry leaf

Preparation
1)    In a pot add dal, turmeric powder, salt and pour water up to ½ inch above
2)   Switch off the flame when it half cooked
3)   In wok add oil then add mustard seed
4)   Once it spluttered add onion and red chilli fry till nice fried smell comes (squash chillis while stirring)
5)   Add half cooked dal add water and cook for few minute
6)   Finally add curry leaves and chilli

7)   You can serve this as curry or fry (by reducing the water) 









Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration