Friday, 22 November 2013

Pineapple curd rice (for kids)

Wow climate changed winter started...after two days of rain now the atmosphere changed little bit. Day before yesterday I stuck in the office but I didn't stay there more, here my son is waiting me that feel insisted me to walk through rain. Now slight fever :) .. So today didn't enter kitchen my sister preparing foods (some special food she is preparing good smell is coming here... Don't know I can able to eat or not).

Today I am posting pineapple curd rice. Curd is not suitable for cold season especially for children but this I prepared last week before climate started change. In my previous post I mentioned how much I am troubling to feed my son. This I prepared for him and his cousin so made some changes.

Here I adapted my friend Salma’s curd rice preparation. I met her in Bangalore five year before when I worked in a company there . She used to bring curd rice with different types of fruits that was a very tasty and rich rice. Still I remember that taste. I don’t know where she is now I lost her contact (wherever you still I remember Salma..). Now I am trying to prepare some of her special dishes ;). 



Ingredients
1 ½ cup of Cooked rice
1 ¼ cup of full cream yogurt
3 tbsp of milk
2 tbsp of butter/ ghee
2 tbsp of cashews
½ tsp of mustard seed
½ tsp of chopped ginger
2 chillis (finely chopped)
2 stalks of curry leaves
1 cup of chopped pineapple
2 tbsp of raisins
 Salt to taste




Preparation
1)    Mix yogurt, milk and salt into mashed cooked rice. Keep aside
2)   Heat ghee or butter then add cashews saute for few seconds
3)   Add mustard seed once it started to splutter add ginger, green chilli and curry leaves
4)   Saute well and add chopped pineapple saute for 1-2 minute. Let it cool
5)   Add this into rice yogurt mixture and mix well
6)   Finally add fried raisins along with ghee











Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration