Sunday, 15 December 2013

Date cake


Today I am with one of my favorite cake that is date cake. Easy simple and tasty one. Date is having so many health benefit so it can call as healthy cake. I know healthy term is not suite for me because I never posted any healthy recipes and most of my recipes are high caloric. But I am sure that I didn't post any daily basic recipe so once in while caloric food is OK right? :) 

Ingredients
1 cup pitted dates
30 g butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ tsp of baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup water
30 g butter
3-4 tbsp condensed milk/ cream (if you are using condensed milk reduce sugar)

Preparation
1)    Boil 1 cup of water then add dates in it. Cook at low flame for 5 minute
2)   Turn of the flame once it cooled well mash well in a blender. Keep aside
3)   In a bowl add butter beat well then add sugar
4)   Once it became smooth add eggs and beat well
5)   Then add all purpose flour with baking powder and salt ( sift these at least 2 times)
6)   Blend well and add date. Mix and pour into a 9 inch greased pan
7)   Bake at 1400C for 25 minute
8)   Mean time prepare topping
9)   Melt sugar in a pot add water
10) Once sugar melted well add butter
11)  Switch off the flame and add cream/ condensed milk. Let it cool

12) Add this on top of the cake and serve













Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration