Monday, 20 January 2014

Bombay Halwa/ Karachi Halwa

To celebrate the happiness I am sharing sweet dish with you. Bombay Halwa / Karachi Halwa I am sure everyone knows this sweet and it is very easy to prepare. Its taste reminds my childhood days. My grand father used to bring this from Bombay (Mumbai). Shiny boxes containing different colors of Halwa!!!! that was great days I am really missing those days.


One more thing I would like to share with you. My friend Najla she prepared date cake by following my recipe (but instead of caramel topping she made chocolate frosting) and sent this photo to me I felt so happy when she told it came out well and her neighbors appreciated her. 

Ingredients
1 cup corn flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
5-6 tbsp melted ghee
Pinch of cardamom powder
Sliced cashews
Pinch of permitted food color

Preparation
1)    Dissolve corn flour in ¼ cup water
2)   In a pan prepare sugar syrup by adding ½ cup of water in sugar
3)   Add lemon juice in sugar syrup
4)   Add corn flour mix in sugar syrup in a low flame with continuous stirring (mix corn flour before adding there is chance to get settle down) 
5)   Stir continuously and once it started to concentrate add ghee little by little
6)   Add cardamom powder and mix well
7)   Once it become required transparent and consistency (take small portion and if you can able to make elastic ball out of that then that is the right consistency)add food color and cashews
8)   Stir well and transfer into a greased tray
9)   Once it cooled cut into square pieces and enjoy 









Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration