Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Fish biriyani 2 - with stepwise picture

I gave the title as fish biriyani 2 because I already posted one type of fish biriyani that is Thalassery biriyani. This one is different from the first one.

This is my first after shifted to my new home, a calm and quiet area compare to first one. But the kitchen is very small I don’t know how I will adjust this... The whole month I was very busy still have too many works. I am chasing for a target so will post new recipes frequently. I know I missed so many good recipes of my blogger friends but I will catch those soon.

Ingredients
For rice preparation
1 kg basmati rice
5 cloves
4 cardamoms
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
Salt to taste
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp oil
For fish fry (shallow fry)
730g Fish
2 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
3-4 tbsp oil
For masala gravy
4 medium size onions
2 tomatoes
3 green chili
1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
1-1 ½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Hand full of coriander leaves
½ garam masala
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
For garnishing and layering
2 onions (for brown onion)
¼ cup of cashews and raisins
3 -4 tbsp ghee

Preparation
1.     Wash and soak the rice for 20 minute
2.    Clean the fish pieces and marinate with chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt
3.    Keep it aside for half an hour
4.    Shallow fry marinated fishes and keep aside
5.    Fry thinly sliced onion in ¼ cup of oil till it turn golden brown color and keep aside
6.    Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and keep aside with brown onion (add pinch of garam masala in it (optional))
7.    In a pot heat oil (I used the fish fried oil) at medium flame and add sliced onion. Saute well
8.    Add ginger garlic paste after that add green chili
9.    Saute nicely and add sliced tomatoes
10. Once it mixed well and the onion become transparent add chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt
11.  Add little bit of water then add shallow fried fish pieces
12. Then add coriander leaves and mix slowly. Close the lid and cook at low flame
13. Meantime prepare rice- boil enough water and then add clove, cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp oil and salt
14. Add soaked rice and cook. Once the rice cooked 70% drain the rice and transfer half portion into a new pot
15. On the top spread well prepared fish masala
16. Cover the fish masala with remaining rice
17. Spread brown onion, fried cashews and raisins (spread ghee on rice that used for frying)
18. Close the lid and keep in low flame for 20- 30 minute
19. After half an hour open the lid and serve hot

















Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration