Saturday, 15 February 2014

Date and Nut Bar

This was the one healthy dessert I used to prepare for my son but he never tried to taste. Surprisingly, when I prepared this time he loved it, that really made me happy. May be he started to change his attitude towards food.. 

Here I used almonds and cashews (common nuts), you can substitute this with pistachio, wall nut or hazelnut  




Ingredients
1 cup minced date (pitted dates)
½ cup milk
20 g butter
2-3 tbsp drinking coco powder
½ crushed almonds
¼ cup powdered cashew (slightly powdered)
¼ -½ cup raisins
2 tbsp sesame seed

Preparation
1)    Take one cup of minced dates in a baking pan
2)   Add 2 tbsp of milk and mix well
3)   Microwave at high heat for 2 minute
4)   With a spoon squeeze the cooked date
5)   Add butter and melt for 1 minute in microwave (you can add 1 tbsp oil instead of butter)
6)   Add coco powder then 3 tbsp of milk
7)   Mix well and keep 1 more minute in microwave
8)   Then add almond, cashew and raisins one by one (you can any nuts and dry fruits these are my son’s favourite so I used this)
9)   Add 1 tbsp of milk (if it is more dry add 2 tbsp milk)
10) Keep 1 more minute in microwave
11)  Grease a pan and add whole mixture into that. Press evenly and sprinkle sesame seeds
12)  Keep in a freezer for 2 hour
13) Cut into small pieces and have it









Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration