Saturday, 22 February 2014

Fish roast



Wow I can't believe I posted recipes continuously, this is 8th day. I think this is first time I engaged in blogging daily :)
Sharing with you one fish recipe that is simple fish roast. We can use any type of fish for this recipe I used big size Mullan/ silver belly fish. Mullan is one of my favorite fish but here very difficult to get small Mullan. But big size Mullan also a tasty fish, it well suite for fish varattiyathu, for fry, for roast.........

Ingredients for roast
3 or 5 whole fish 
2 onions (sliced)
¼ tbsp minced ginger and garlic
5 green chili
1 tomato
1 ½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
Curry leaves
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
For fish marination
½ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp lemon juice and salt

Preparation

Marinate the fish and keep in refrigerator for 1 hour. Heat oil in a pan and fry marinated fish. Drain and keep aside. In same oil fry the sliced onion. Then green chili, ginger, garlic and tomato. Add all spices, salt and curry leaf. Fry till oil clear. Add little bit of water and then add fish. Cover it with gravy. Close the lid and keep in low flame for 10 minute. Serve hot with white rice or chapatti..










Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration