Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Green chilli veg curry

Today Qatar celebrating National sports day so got one holiday. Decided to prepare something special for breakfast so I chose creamy vegetable curry. Prepared it in different way that I never tried before. Even though I took stepwise picture, I told my hubby if it taste well I will post. Yes he gave the certificate "its tasty":) ... so I am sharing this recipe with you.


Ingredients
2 medium size onions (chopped)
8-10 green chili
¼ cup coriander leaves
4 garlic gloves
1 inch ginger
1 -1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
½ cup carrot pieces (square pieces)
½ cup long bean pieces
½ portion of capsicum (cut into square pieces)
½ portion of tomato (cut into square pieces)
2 tbsp cashew paste or 3 tbsp thick coconut milk (canned)
2 cubes of cheddar cheese (optional)
1 ½ tbsp oil
Salt to taste
 Preparation
1)    Heat oil in a pan add onion and saute well for 5-8 minute
2)   Make a paste of green chili, coriander leaves , ginger and garlic
3)   Add this paste into onion
4)   Saute well for 1 minute then add tomato sauce. Mix well and add carrot and long bean
5)   Add little bit of water and salt 
6)   Close the lid and cook for 8-10 minute in low flame
7)   Then add capsicum and tomato. Add water if needed
8)   Cook for few more minute
9)   Add cashew paste/ coconut milk. Mix well
10) Then add cheese cubes and keep at low flame
11)  Once cheese melted switch off the flame and serve hot








Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration