Sunday, 16 March 2014

Gobi manjurian


Gobi manjurian is the one recipe that I tried so many times to attain perfection. First attempt was big failure, because of thick corn flour batter. Tried again but didn't give satisfaction. After so many attempt now I can manage. I know it is a simple recipe,but the amount of sauce which I am adding makes much change. Here I added sauces according to my preference so you can adjust the sauce as per your taste.



When I decided to prepare gobi manjurian I was sure about the ingredients so I didn't check whether they available or not.  And I started to prepare this, when the time came to add capsicum I realized no single piece of capsicum in refrigerator. So you can’t see any capsicum in this :)
( I didn't use ajinomoto (MSG) and coloring agent)

Ingredients
2 cup cauliflower
For batter
¾ cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp corn flour
2-3 tsp green chili paste
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
For gravy
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 onions diced
1 Capsicum diced (I didn’t use)
1 tsp pepper powder (or crushed pepper corn)
1/2 tsp kashmiri chili (its optional I added for color)
2 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp soya sauce (late)
1 tsp chili sauce
Salt to taste
½ cup water with ¾ tbsp corn flour
Oil
Preparation
1)    Cook cauliflower pieces in boiling water for 3 minute. Drain and keep aside
2)   Make a batter with all purpose flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste and salt
3)   Dip cauliflower pieces in batter and deep fry
4)   Drain and keep aside
5)   Add ginger garlic paste in a pan containing hot oil
6)   Saute at low flame then add diced onion (after that capsicum)
7)   Once onion become transparent add sauces and chili powder
8)   Then add corn flour mixed water and salt
9)   Keep in low flame and add fried cauliflower
10) Mix and serve hot









Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration