Saturday, 24 May 2014

Panineer petti - stepwise picture

Last few weeks I was very busy, couldn’t get enough time to post my recipes. But all hard work resulted good, I got selected for PhD (my lifelong ambition). To celebrate this I am sharing here one sweet dish Panineer petti, a North Malabar recipe. I prepared this one month before, but I think this is the right time to share.
After a long year I am going to sit classroom, attend classes and exams... I just feel like a school going kid :). I don’t know how I will manage my blog...

Ingredients
For filling
3 eggs
3 tbsp sugar
Pinch of cardamom powder
½ cup sliced cashews
¼ cup raisins
½ tbsp ghee
 For pancake
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
Enough milk or water to make thin batter
For syrup
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
Pinch of cardamom powder

Preparation
Filling
1)    Mix eggs, sugar and cardamom powder. Keep aside
2)   Melt in ghee in a pan, then fry sliced cashews, then raisins
3)   Once fried well add egg mixture and scramble well
4)   Switch off the flame and keep aside
Pancake
1)    Mix eggs, all purpose flour and milk (I used ¼ plus 2-3 tbsp milk)
2)   Make thin batter
3)   Heat a pan and make thin pancakes (I made 10 pancakes, 5 big size and 5 small size)
Sugar syrup
4)   Mix water and sugar. Melt well then add cardamom powder
5)   Make thin syrup

How to make
1)    Place small size pancake on a plate and fill the center with egg filling
2)   Fold as shown (by folding four sides make a packet)
3)   Keep aside and place a big size pancake in plate
4)   Then fill the middle with egg filling
5)   Place the packet that prepared earlier
6)   Fold again to make a packet
7)   Make some slit at center (to hold sugar syrup, but it is optional)
8)   Add sugar syrup and serve (I didn’t add sugar syrup instead of it I added melted ghee into the slit and brushed some)


















Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration