Sunday, 1 June 2014

My lovely guests- Vengayam Thakkali Thokku

When I decided to start guest posting, some of the name came into my mind first, Sathyapriya is one of them. At the moment I asked her for guest post she replied yes and sent this recipe within two days. That, quite surprised me. I am a lazy woman, I can’t never do same. Thank you Sathya, you really made me happy. Sorry I forgot to introduce her. She runs a wonderful blog “My Kitchen Odyssey”  with so many yummy recipes. She is a regular visitor of almost all blogs and never miss to post her valuable comments. I love all her veg recipes, especially chutney recipes. Her cinnamonoats cookie is in my to do list. Here she is sharing with you an easy tasty Thokku recipe. It is totally my kind of recipe. Thank you Sathya, for giving this yummy recipe..

Moving to Sthyapriya
I just want to give a little intro about Resna
Resna is a good friend of mine and my fellow blogger .She is blogging since 2013 and she has many wonderful recipes collection in her blog.She is very good at non-veg items especially kerala items ,she is a good baker  too .I love her eggpuffs so much ,apart from that i want to try her egg kebab which is so good. Check out her space for these special recipes .
         She asked me for a guest post one fine day and i sent her this post .Hope she likes my post .
     Coming to thokku. When you have no vegetables and you want to make a side dish for roti/chapathi this thokku comes in handy .Its one of the easiest recipes i do .I do it occasionally but my husband love it for sure.My mom do whenever we go on a trip .Its so good at those times when we are so tired visiting so many places .You got my point ?The good part is You can make it with your pantry ingredients without much fuss .





Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time:20 min
Serves:2


Ingredients:

2 onion
2 tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp sambhar powder
salt as required
1 1/2 tsp oil

To temper:

 1 tsp fennel seeds/sombu
1 inch Cinnamon stick

Method:

Chop the onions and tomatoes very thin.
Heat the tava ,add oil to it .
Temper it with items "to temper".
Add onions and saute it until translucent. 



Add tomatoes and cook them until they are mushy.
Add sambhar powder and mix it well.
Cover it with lid and cook them until the raw smell of the sambhar powder goes off and water from the onion and tomato evaporates(like 15 min)
Add required salt to it and mix well.



Turn off the flame .
Easiest dry onion tomato curry is ready to eat .
Serve it with chapathi/idly/dosa




Note:
You can take them along with chapathi two long journeys while travelling in trains (because it won't spill and it has long shelf life .Even you can spread it on rotis and you can eat them without even plates).
Reduce the amount of spice if you are serving it to your kids .
You can even make them in pressure cooker to quicken the cooking process .But you have to add little water which reduces the shelf life.If you are taking it for your trip better avoid cooking in pressure cooker .
  
Thanks again
Sathyapriya



Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration