Monday, 25 August 2014

Almond Croissant - with stepwise picture


Croissant is the one I can get very easily from my office. Actually, it is the cheapest one I am getting from the cafeteria. More than chocolate croissant or simple croissant I always chose almond. It is really yummy one and the almond taste, that I love most. 

Here I prepared almond cream, but this is not the exact method and recipe. Egg and flour will be a part of almond cream preparation. I didn't add egg in it, if you wish you can add one egg and 2 tbsp of corn flour.

Ingredients
200 g puff pastry
50 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
¾ cup almond powder
½ tsp  almond essence
2 tsp  milk
1 egg
2 tsp unsalted melted butter
Some almond flakes (I used almond pieces)


Preparation
1)    Soften the butter with 2 tbsp of sugar
2)   Then add almond powder (I took around 25 skinned almonds, then blend it with remaining sugar) .If you are using store bought almond powder no need to add sugar with this, you can add all sugar in butter and beat well.
3)   Mix well and add milk into it to make a paste
4)   Finally, add almond essence and keep aside
5)   Thaw your pastry dough, then roll it (2 mm thickness)
6)   Cut into equal half, then take one piece
7)   Cut this piece to make a triangle  (you will not get the exact triangle shape so just stretch the bottom to make triangle shape)
8)   Make a slit on bottom portion then add prepared almond cream
9)   Fold and seal the edges, then roll it
10) Keep this in baking dish with butter paper
11)  Beat one egg with melted butter and brush it on prepared croissant
12) Then sprinkle some almond flakes
13) Bake this in a preheated oven at 1700C for 20- 22 minutes (temperature settings may vary depends on oven). Your flaky Croissant is ready














Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration