Friday, 29 August 2014

Kunafa baklava / Burma baklava


Imperfectly perfect Baklava, yes I know this is not a perfect baklava but in sense of taste it is great....I tasted perfect shaped baklava from my office....I wonder how they make perfectly. I tried to make the same, but failed...but I can guarantee the  taste... its so crispy and yummy same as store bought one...yes I failed in shape...

I prepared another Baklava for recipe pleases click here


Ingredients
100g shredded phyllo dough
50 g unsalted butter
3 tbsp oil
Some crushed nuts (Pistachios, almond, cashews, walnut or hazelnut)
¾ cup sugar 1/3 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice

Preparation
Prepare sugar syrup- mix sugar and water, boil it, then add lemon juice keep for a few minutes more, then switch off the flame and let it cool. 

Thaw your phyllo dough and separate some strands and roll. Arrange this in baking dish. Make a hole with your finger and place the mixed nuts in the hole. Melt the butter with oil,  then add on top of the rolled baklava. Bake this in a preheated oven at 1700C for 20 minutes. Once it's baked, let it cool for 10 minutes, then add sugar syrup on top. Your crispy Burma baklava is ready.







Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration