Saturday, 16 August 2014

Mango pola/ a mango pudding/ cake - with stepwise picture



We Malabar people preparing different types of pola recipe then I thought why can't I try a mango pola. It was a fasting day of Ramadan. I told my mother I am preparing mango pola, she never tell no to my experiments that I know;) she agreed and exited. I was having little bit tension by seeing her excitement but the result made happy :). Same as Apple pola and Carrot pola it also have pudding texture. So better it can serve cold..
 Ingredients
1 cup mango pulp
3 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp cooking soda
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ghee

Preparation
1)    Take 3 eggs in a bowl and beat well with hand mixer
2)   Once it puffed up add sugar and beat again
3)   Then add the mango pulp, beat well to make fluffy
4)   Add all purpose flour along with cooking soda and a pinch of salt
5)   Mix well with folding (fold slowly to combine)
6)   Heat a round bottom non-stick pan and ghee, keep in low flame
7)   Pour prepared mixture into pan. Close the lid and cook in low flame till the inserted tester comes out clean

Note: I used 2 mangoes for a 1 cup pulp. Peel and cut the mangoes into small pieces then make puree in blender (without water). Try to take extra sweet mango.













Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration