Monday, 1 September 2014

Pineapple pachadi II (Dry)


Normally when I prepare dry Pineapple pachadi, I used to add fresh grapes. Unfortunately, this time I didn’t get grapes so I skipped that.. You can add ¼ cup of grapes in final stage, no need to cook. I saw this recipe from a Malayalam TV channel (Amrita TV) after that this is my favorite.   

1 ½ cup pineapple pieces (thinly sliced)
1 cup water
1 ½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1/3 cup grated jaggery
½ cup grated coconut
¼ tsp crushed mustard
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cashew pieces
½ tsp mustard seed
4 dried red chili
Some curry leaves
Salt to taste


Preparation
1)    Add thinly sliced pineapple in a pan, then water, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt
2)   Cook well, then add grated jaggery with some water
3)   Once the jaggery melted well cook in medium flame till it thicken. Switch off the flame
4)   In a separate pan add 1 tsp coconut oil, then fry grated coconut till it turns crispy and dark golden brown color
5)   Add this coconut and crushed mustard in cooked pineapple mixture. Mix well
6)   Heat oil in a pan,then add cashews fry well and this in above mixture
7)   Splutter mustard, dried red chili and curry leaves in the same oil and add into above mixture.


Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration